Essential Home Moving Checklist You Will Ever Need
Oct 20, 2022
Relocation is highly stressful and overwhelming because you have to deal with several responsibilities at the same time. Lack of planning can make things confusing, which will make the process even more challenging.
To accomplish your move smoothly and ensure the safety of your valuables, you need to focus on every important aspect of moving. For that, you must follow a moving checklist that will make sure that you do not forget anything important.
Most people hire experienced removalists in Sydney to complete the relocation in a hassle-free manner. The experts can pack things and load them into the truck in a perfect manner, which will save you time and effort.
Apart from hiring professionals, there are many more things you need to do at the correct time. So, if you want to relocate smoothly, you must prepare in an appropriate manner.
Here is an essential home moving checklist you will ever need.
7 to 8 Weeks before You Move
It is crucial to begin your relocation preparations as soon as possible. It will allow you to concentrate on all of the important aspects of moving. Ideally, you should begin planning your move two months in advance.
- Create a budget to keep track of all your expenses.
- Determine whether you want to do it yourself or hire a professional.
- Begin your search for specialists. Finding a trustworthy moving company in Sydney, New South Wales, may take several weeks.
- It is the right time to notify your landlord that you are planning to move and provide the required notice.
- Prepare your children of a house move and understand how to keep children safe when moving to a new home.
- Make preparations for the decluttering process. Make a list of items you don’t want and are willing to sell, donate, or throw away.
- It’s also a good time to prepare your inventory list.
4 to 5 Weeks before You Move
It is the most important stage of the preparations because you need to ensure that everything is going as planned and at the appropriate pace. Any delays during this phase may have an impact on the moving day.
- After you have finished your research, contact and book the best removals company in Sydney.
- Arrange cardboard boxes at a nearby liquor or grocery store. Purchase additional packing and moving supplies.
- Organise a garage sale to get rid of unwanted items such as electronics, furniture, sports equipment, and so on.
- It is now appropriate to forward your utility transfer request.
- Inform your friends and family that you are moving and that you may require their assistance on the moving day.
- Start with the most fragile items and choose the best packing service.
1 to 2 weeks before You Move
You should have finished the majority of the tasks by now, but don’t get too comfortable. Focus on the other tasks that must be completed during this time.
- Contact the certified removalists Sydney and remind them of the upcoming move.
- Check on your children’s progress. If they have a problem, try to assist them by offering a solution.
- Find a babysitter and a pet shelter to ensure the safety of the children and pets on moving day.
- Pack your moving day kit, which should include all of the necessary items.
- Take your family to the new location and explore the area before relocating if possible.
2 Days before You Move
You must have finished all of the time-consuming and difficult tasks by this point. When you only have two days, you must complete the entire packing procedure.
- Once you have finished your packing, label the boxes. It is one of the best ways to unpack efficiently after moving.
- Keep your valuables, like essential documents, cash, jewellery, etc., in a separate bag and carry it with you at all times.
- It is time to defrost and properly pack your refrigerator.
- Meet your neighbours or new tenants and ask them to forward your mail to your new address.
The most important day of the entire relocation process is moving day. As a result, you must ensure that you start early and finish it quickly.
- You must get up early on moving day to begin your preparations as soon as possible.
- Check the entire room for missing items and pack them quickly.
- Even if the removalists are experienced, you must coordinate with them.
- Keep your little ones in a separate room on moving day to ensure the safety of the kids.
- To avoid confusion, ensure that the professionals have the correct address with them.
Relocation is considered one of the most challenging events one can experience in their life. However, you can make it a lot easier by following the checklist mentioned above.
The more planning you will do, the easier it will be to execute the moving process. To make the relocation hassle-free, contact trained removalists in Sydney. They will make things easier than your expectations.