Want to pack or move your belongings like professionals? Read our blog posts that will help you manage relocation process with ease.
Moving house is a time-consuming and life-altering process with several challenges. People planning a move often experience stress and anxiety, as everyone wants their belongings to remain safe and damage-free during handling, storage or transit. Therefore, hiring professional removalists in Sydney is a practical solution for most.
Since the professionals have the expertise, experience, and right equipment, they can expertly manage some or every aspect of your move. However, taking their assistance doesn’t warrant your things will remain safe from theft, accidental damage, natural disasters, misplacement or any other unforeseen mishap. Thus, you should get moving insurance which is different from content, home or renters insurance.
Here is a complete guide outlining what is moving insurance and its importance. Have a look.
Moving insurance covers household content and personal belongings during the handling and transit by the owner or professional removalists in Sydney, as the risk of damage or other mishaps is high. Depending on your policy, you can claim reimbursement for lost or spoiled property contents.
Most people make the mistake of assuming a removal company covers the damage costs, but they only offer a limited liability cover through which you get minimal reimbursement. Additionally, your property contents are not covered in case of a fire, collision, damage during transit, loss of items, acts of God etc.
Therefore, getting full-proof moving insurance is necessary whether you are moving with the help of removalists in Sydney or doing it yourself. You can get a cover via a reliable moving insurer, a reputed removal company or a reputed insurance agency. Since removalists cannot legally sell insurance to clients directly, they arrange it via a third party.
Today, you can buy different moving insurance, which can or cannot be a part of your contents insurance. The more you are willing to pay, the better protection your belongings get. Therefore, before getting an insurance policy, calculate your moving expenses using a reliable budget planner. Additionally, explore more about the following types of moving insurance to choose the best one for securing your things.
• Basic Liability or Release Value Protection: It is the most economical moving insurance since the cover is limited, and you don’t get much reimbursement. Professional removalists in Sydney include the cost of this protection in their services and extend it through their business insurance.
For example, a company offers 50 cents per pound cover and an item weighs 10 pounds, you will get .50 x 10 reimbursements, i.e. $5, irrespective of the actual cost of the item. It can be $50, $70 or even above $100 and you will get the basic cover, which is not much when a valuable thing gets damaged. Getting this cover is best when you are moving at a short distance, and your things won’t be in transit or storage for long.
• Full Value Protection: If you want comprehensive and customisable moving insurance, opt for full value protection. Depending on the premium you are willing to pay, you can get reimbursement according to the actual or depreciating value of the lost or damaged items. As per the policy terms, the removal company or insurer can repair or replace the damaged/lost items. They can also settle with cash by transferring the amount to your bank account to repair or replace the items.
This type of moving insurance is the most practical option when moving long-distance, interstate or internationally. You need to pay more, but it provides peace of mind and helps you move stress-free.
Reputed removalists in Sydney can arrange for you to have moving insurance as per requirement through a third party agency. They can provide guidance and help get the best policy for you since every move is different and your requirements will vary from others. However, if you want to get a policy independently, many reliable insurance companies in Sydney, NSW (2000) offer quality and value for money services.
• Ensure to explain your moving arrangements to the insurer and explore your options to make an informed decision.
• Get quotes from different sources to choose the most suitable and affordable policy.
• Don’t rush the process and research thoroughly before purchasing moving insurance.
• Ask near and dear ones who relocated and had moving insurance for guidance and references.
• See if top insurance companies in Sydney like IAG, QBE, Munich Re, Swiss Re, Marsh McLennan, and others can help you.
Hiring professional removalists in Sydney is not enough to secure your belongings. The professionals can lessen the risk of your belongings getting damaged or lost during the process. But to have complete peace of mind and relocate without stress, understand the importance of moving insurance and get one for the upcoming move.